Friday 25 January 2019

Espresso & Matcha's Epicurean Quest - Melbourne: Hot Star



How to win a girl's heart. Step 1: Take her out to a night of jazz. Step 2: Top it off with a gigantic piece of fried chicken. Honestly, I thought I knew what affection was. That's until he said the magic words to me after a great show at Paris Cat Jazz Club: "Let's get some Hot Star". I don't believe I've ever felt such emotion to another human being as much as I felt for him in that moment. Perhaps there is a thing as a soul mate, and we both love ridiculously oversized fried chicken.


Making our way over to Little Bourke Street at 10.45pm, the place was still bustling with a huge queue for deep fried goodness. He ordered at the counter as I was still overcome with emotion.

 

Given the queues, it took around 15 mins for our chicken to be done, but the amount of joy in my blue package was immeasurable. I had mine original whilst he had his mildly spicy.


That evening, I got the closest I've ever been to holding solid joy in my hands. It was as if my whole life was building up to this one moment where I could share my love for crispy fried chicken with another being who loved it just as much as me. The skin was so crisp, meat was so juicy and I also won a bet on whether or not the Melbourne chain would have bones in it (answer is yes!). I only wish I had more of this chicken every day forever.

Disclaimer: Reviewer may have been heavily under the influence of considerable endorphins, but is accurate to the extent of my memory.

Price Range: Under $15pp

Taste: 9/10
Value: 9/10
Service: 9/10
Environment: 7/10

Hot Star Large Fried Chicken 豪大大雞排 Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment