Wednesday 9 January 2019

Espresso & Matcha's Epicurean Quest - Sydney: Makanai Chatswood


Found myself at Westfield Chatswood at lunchtime between errands. Noting that they had a bigger and bolder version of our 8 Street - Hawker Lane, I knew I had to check it out. Doing two laps around the area, I settled on Makanai, a Japanese noodle bar for a quick lunch before continuing on our trip.



With both ramen and udon options as well as sides and rice, there was a fair few choices. Prices were a little steep and there was a surcharge to pay by card. I made my order and got a buzzer.



The portion was fairly generous. I liked the handmade udon with its varying thickness. It had a good texture and softness. Coupled with the light soupy broth, made for a fairly delicious lunch. The pork cutlet was crispy. I found the batter to be fairly hard though and thicker than I would have liked. Some sauce on the side would have also made it a bit more enjoyable. 


Price Range: $15 - $25pp

Taste: 6/10
Value: 6/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 7/10

Makanai Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment