Friday 14 July 2017

Espresso & Matcha's Delectable Tarriance - Melbourne: The Cornershop


Stopped by at the Cornershop Cafe during my stay in Melbourne to try out more of the city's famous cafe culture. 


We arrived somewhat early in the morning and there weren’t too many people around. Seating was spread between inside and outside, naturally we took the inside seating to get out of the chilly weather. 


I quite liked the menu, with its traditional cafe style options. Our attention naturally gravitated to our usual bacon and egg options. 


Without any hesitation, my companion got his usual flat white, and I my usual cappuccino. We both enjoyed the coffees which stuck a good balance with being strong and still creamy. 


As mentioned, we both opted for the build your own eggs with sourdough, with him getting a side of bacon and haloumi. I tried some of the haloumi which wasnt overly rubbery, and cooked to a nice brown on the outside. 


My dish was again eggs your way, also with a side of bacon but avocado rather than haloumi. I enjoyed the dense sourdough which really filled me up to start the day, the eggs were done very well with a reasonably runny centre. The bacon was pan fried, a little oily and could stand to be a bit more crispier. I did enjoy the avocado though which was seasoned with salt and pepper, smashed and perfectly ripe. 

Price Range: $20 - $25pp

Taste: 7.5/10
Value: 7.5/10
Service: 7.5/10
Environment: 7.5/10
The Cornershop Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment