Thursday 13 July 2017

The Cheese Pleaser - Brisbane CBD


Regular readers would know of my love for cheese, and after my pleasant experience in Fromage the Cow last year, I could only wish that it would open in a more accessible location for me, so when I read about the Cheese Pleaser opening along Adelaide Street in the CBD, it was as if my prayers had been answered. Unfortunately due to my insane workload lately, I was unable to go until last weekend, running there after watching Spiderman with Queen V, to make it 5 minutes before closing time. 


Decor was simple and minimalist, also noticeably lacking in seating, but I guess most of their customers wouldnt have time to stay to eat. 

 

The menu was on the wall, and comprised of pastries, salads (surprisingly), cheese toasties and coffee. 



The display cabinet and wall shelf also had a selection of cheesy goodies for customers to take home.


 Without a hint of hesitation, we ordered two cheese toasties to share.


The first one we had was the 3 Cheese Mix, Jamon, Onion Jam, hand cut organic sourdough. I have to say this was one of the best toasties Ive ever had. The toast was perfect with a crispy but not overly hard exterior, a soft gooey cheesy centre and delicious smokey salty jamon. Had it not been for the sweet onion jam, I have no doubt that the sandwich would have been a bit overwhelming, but with the jam, I found it to be perfectly balanced. 


 Queen Vs pick was the Blue cheese, 3 cheese mix, organic smoked bacon, fresh pear, organic sourdough. It was largely similar to mine, with delicious toast and a cheesy centre. But by comparison, I found the bacon to be far more meatier and thicker than the Jamon. Additionally the unripe pear slice had a texture similar to a sweet slice of potato, which was a slightly confusing taste profile for me. 




Price Range: $12 - $20pp

Taste: 8.5/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 6/10 (a couple of seats would be great)

The Cheese Pleaser Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment