Wednesday 19 July 2017

San Churro - Upper Mt Gravatt


A few of my buddies would know that for the last month or two I've had a long standing churro craving that has gone unsatisfied due to numerous circumstances out of my control. With that in mind, I made firm plans to go to after running some more errands at Garden City the other day. Arriving after a quick dinner, it was still somewhat empty, but perhaps I was a little too early.


A menu was provided at the door for us to peruse before making an order at the counter.  Despite being famous for their churros, they had other options like cake and ice cream along with an assortment of drinks. 


Other than the chocolate to have in store, I liked that they also have a small chocolate shop in store for us to satisfy those chocolate cravings at home.


As is usual with counter service, I got a number and patiently awaited my food.


My order arrived within 5 minutes, which I really appreciated. As usual, I got a cappuccino, and to satisfy my cravings, I got a portion of churros for one with the usual dark chocolate dip.


I found the mug that the cappuccino was presented in to be very cute. The coffee could have been stronger, but it did the required job. What I did particularly enjoy was of course the shaved dark chocolate on top, which melted into the drink, making it slightly sweet without the need to add sugar.


Of course the main event was the churros, which were freshly made and very very hot when served. They were coated with some spicy cinnamon, which added even more warmth to the dish. Suffice to say that my cravings were well satisfied by their crunchy exterior and warm chewy centre. 

Price Range: $5 - $15pp

Taste: 8/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 7/10

Chocolateria San Churro Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment