Friday 12 January 2018

Dough Vinci - Brisbane CBD


How far does a hungry girl go in the middle of a Brisbane summer for the promise of Tiramisu? Apparently the answer is all the way from Eagle Street up to George Street (i.e. all the way across town). Having seen some drool worthy photos of the cakes from Dough Vinci, I couldn't wait to get my hands on some, even if it meant walking through extreme heat.



Expecting a shopfront akin to say Passion Tree or Bonsai Botanika, I was surprised at how small it was and the apparent lack of seating (there were no seats AT ALL), so all orders had to be eaten standing or take away.



The cakes though, did not disappoint. There were six flavours to choose from when I went, but being the devoted girl that I am, I only had eyes for one thing.


Sadly whilst the pastries were also reasonably priced and looked quite appetising, they too will have to wait for my next visit.


Obtaining my iced latte and tiramisu, I was told they had the option of lids but not bags. Not wanting to destroy the masterpiece that it was, I kept the lid on the side as an option and walked all the way back in the heat with the top dangerously exposed to the sunlight and elements.


Luckily it arrived in one piece.


I had actually wanted a cold brew, but they were out for the day, and instead I had an iced latte. It was well chilled, reasonably strong and not very acidic or bitter, which was quite refreshing. Caffeine hit wasn't as strong as my usual at Mr Claude's, but it did the trick.


Put my tiramisu in the fridge to let it set a little bit before eating it. The chocolate coated wafers on top were still crunchy. The cream (because it wasn't mascarpone cheese) was rich and dense, whilst the ladyfinger wasn't soaked in strong coffee, but rather a sugary syrup. The whole jar had a far more chocolatey theme than it did coffee, which whilst looks good, tasted a little disappointing. As a dessert it was very enjoyable, but as a tiramisu, it was lacking.

Price Range: $5 - $15pp

Taste: 7/10
Value: 7/10
Service: 7/10
Environment: 7/1

Dough Vinci Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment