Thursday 11 January 2018

Espresso & Matcha's Saporous Expedition - Sydney: Bourke Street Bakery Surry Hills


Grabbed breakfast at Bourke Street Bakery with Iron Fist during our travels. Situated along its namesake, Bourke Street in Surry Hills, it comprised of a quaint little corner store.


Like a moth drawn to flame, I was captivated by the pastry cabinet, with its tarts and cakes. Had it not been breakfast time, I surely would have gone for one of the cakes. 

  

Iron Fist ordered for both of us at the counter, whilst I busied myself in getting one of the very limited tables for the both of us.


Our coffees came quickly after, with his usual flat white, and my standard cappuccino.


He enjoyed his flat white, so much that he ordered a second one to have take away.


I also really enjoyed my cappuccino, which was at just the right strength, and had a good amount of semi dissolved coco on the top. The milk was quite smooth, and it made for quite an enjoyable cup. 


Of course I also ordered a ham and cheese sandwich to start my day. This came out wonderfully toasted without being overdone. The melty gruyere cheese warmed my cold heart that morning, and the ham was perfectly sweet and tender.

Price Range: $5 - $15pp

Taste: 8.5/10
Value: 8/10
Service: 8/10
Environment: 8/10

Bourke Street Bakery Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment